Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Vacation Begins in Trujillo

        I am in Trujillo for 3 weeks on vacation from language school. You are probably thinking that is a little excessive and why do I need 3 weeks of vacation? That is what I thought as well but God worked it out perfectly for me to have some rest, fellowship, and reminder of why I am spending the time in language school to learn Spanish for 3 months. 
       
       Peru's Independence Day is July 28 and all the schools here get an automatic 2 weeks off of school. I didn't know this until a few weeks ago but when I found out I thought I would take advantage and make a trip to Trujillo to be with my team. I then found out my church in Greenville, SC would be coming to Trujillo the week after my vacation ended so I worked it out with my school to stay a week longer in Trujillo and stay a week longer in Arequipa in September. 
        
        My first week in Trujillo was an awesome week but a whirlwind of activity! I got the privilege of working the whole week with a medical team from Trinity Pres in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. We had 4 days of clinics in different neighborhoods that have limited to no medical care. There were 4 doctors,1 peruvian nurse from our clinic here, me, and the rest of the team who handled the waiting kids, pharmacy, and organization of people. 
Dr Lovely, Brooke, Maggie, and Andrew running the pharmacy
       It was a great time for me to put my Spanish to work as a Peruvian nurse and I a were the only ones to do triage for the patients. I definitely had moments where I didn't know words and needed some help but God helped me through. It was encouraging to be able to put some scrubs on again and do some medical work again as well! 
Me, Dennys, and Meliza 
     The week ended with a relaxing day of olympics on Saturday and then church on Sunday with a missionary hymn sing and prayer time Sunday night. :-)
     
     This week is half work/ half play. I took over the lease of an apartment the girl interns used to live in here in Trujillo. It has been vacant for a month or 2 and has gather some dust so I'm working on cleaning it up some this week. I also am doing some normal everyday stuff this week too like paying bills, team meetings, doing my homework for school, and catching up on blogging. I am also getting to spend one on one time with fellow missionary families and friends here in Trujillo. 
      
     So thankful that God know's exactly what I need (like a vacation to rejuvenate me to finish school) even when I didn't know! 
      Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28
The whole team with the Mayor in the village of Magdalena de Cao 
      


No comments:

Post a Comment